Friday, July 16, 2010

Time flies..

Wow, this week has gone by sooo fast! Monday, my family arrived safely at SMR after a long road trip. I took them on a tour of the campus, then we had a picnic supper at Columbine Point. Tuesday we went to breakfast at the Commons (I had to make sure they got the full SMR experience... ;) and had the opportunity to hike 9 mile trail, walk through Grand Lake, and hike in Rocky Mountain National Park to Adam's Falls. It was a beautiful day, even with the 20 minute thunderstorm that blew through. Wednesday, I left in the afternoon for the Calvin LCI retreat. We camped at the Meadow Creek Reservoir at an absolutely beautiful, isolated site. It was a great chance to just hang out and spend some time enjoying creation and each other. Thursday afternoon, after getting back to SMR, Dad, Emily, Katelyn, and I hiked to the first peak of Snow Mountain. Emily and Dad kept going, and did all 5 peaks (after only a few days to adjust to the altitude! :) while Katelyn and I went back down to meet Mom and Justin for a round of mini-golf. I spent Thursday night at the campsite with them (before working a 6:30 shift this morning :P), roasting s'mores and drinking hot chocolate. This morning (Friday), Dad drove me back to Blue Ridge bright and early. The family came to The Grill for lunch, then, when my shift was over, we got in one last hike, to the Waterfall. We said our goodbyes, and they set off for Ontario to visit mom's family there. I miss them already, but am so glad that they were able to visit me here!


Snow Mountain- 1st peak!

No comments:

Post a Comment